cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi boosters

Beckyblue23
Tuning in

Hi 

I am trying to get a hold of someone higher up re my Wi-Fi booster. My booster nearly caught fire!! These are a fire risk & chat was not bothered at all with the pictures I sent them. I cant believe they offered me another one,as if I would put another one in my house! This is a serious situation that you are giving out to people & not caring. If I had gone away for the weekend I would not have a house to come back to! 

16 REPLIES 16

Cardiffman282
Knows their stuff

It is very serious and they should have been withdrawn ages ago. Please post the photos on here and also report this very serious incident to Trading Standards https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consumer/get-more-help/report-to-trading-standards/

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

Beckyblue23
Tuning in

IMG_1690.jpeg

• This was the wifi booster that I took out the socket!! I was in complete shock! 

Have you got any pictures of the booster please? One with the make/model card would be helpful. Thanks. 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

Beckyblue23
Tuning in

IMG_1692.jpeg

IMG_1691.jpeg

Here it is  

While we wait for the photos to be cleared by the Mods do ensure that you secure modern replacement pods at VM's expense plus reimbursement for all costs associated with the damage to your socket and wall as well as the shock and distress understandably caused to you by this frightening event. I will shortly be upping the pressure on VM on the appalling safety record of these devices with a view to an immediate recall. https://www.virginmedia.com/legal/consumer-complaint-resolution-code-practice

Hey @Beckyblue23 Thanks for reaching out to us and a warm welcome to the Virgin Media Community forums. 👋🏼

I'm sorry to hear about the issue with the Wi-Fi pod and the severity of this case.
We will get this raised to our team with high importance.

I will send a private message to get some details.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks for speaking with us today @Beckyblue23 on the Virgin Media forums.👋🏼

Once again, we apologise for the issues the Wi-Fi pod has caused and we ask that the pod is not used and kept away so that our team can investigate this.
As advised, we have raised this with our executive team who will be in touch in relation to the case itself to sort this out.

Let us know how it goes with the team.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Please note.. this is not the same as the old wifi boosters that VM no longer supply.

This is one of the "newer"  Pods - which is somewhat worrying!

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.