cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reconfigure my setup

netreg
On our wavelength

Hello

Just after some advice regarding my current installation setup. I used to have two tivo boxes. VM installed two boxes, one downstairs which the router and tivo was connected too. Then upstairs via the connection box, another tivo box was connected.

I only have a router and a single 360 box now, and there is now a new cable that is connected that splits off to both the router and the 360 box.

I just wanted to know whether or not I could have the router located upstairs, and the 360 connected downstairs.  I do have ethernet run so I can connect the 360 to the network.

Would anyone be able to advise if this would work?

thank you

(picture below is the downstairs box. The one upstairs is the same.)

Downstairs connection boxDownstairs connection box

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

carl_pearce
Community elder

The coax cabling is all the same for both HUBs and 'TV boxes' so you should be able to swap around.

However, keep in mind that HUB power levels could go out of spec depending on the cable length difference.

Give it a try, you have nothing to lose (Move it back if it doesn't work!).

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

carl_pearce
Community elder

The coax cabling is all the same for both HUBs and 'TV boxes' so you should be able to swap around.

However, keep in mind that HUB power levels could go out of spec depending on the cable length difference.

Give it a try, you have nothing to lose (Move it back if it doesn't work!).

Hi @netreg 

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first post. 

In regards to your setup and coax cabling, have you been able to try the great advice given by @carl_pearce ? Can you let us know what happened and if you need any further help?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs