cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded broadband - sent second hub 5…

SunnyLondon
Tuning in

I’ve got M350 and already have a Hub 5 after asking for one 6 months ago. I upgraded online to 1Gig broadband expecting just for my speed to change but I’ve received a txt and email advising my new quick start kit is arriving tomorrow. 

Why would I get new kit when I already have a hub 5? Broadband speed still at the old speed…

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Client62
Legend

This is just the robotic behaviour of the upgrade order process.

At some specified point the replacement Hub 5 may become active and then the original Hub 5 require to be returned to VM.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Client62
Legend

This is just the robotic behaviour of the upgrade order process.

At some specified point the replacement Hub 5 may become active and then the original Hub 5 require to be returned to VM.

Seems a waste of money and equipment to me but if that’s how they do it - I’ll keep the new hub boxed in the cupboard in case the old one gets deactivated although I assume they’ll ask for one to be posted back at some point. 

Client62
Legend

VM will take back one of the Hubs and send it out to another customer.  
I expect that in the volumes ISPs like VM order the Hubs, the cost per unit is far  less than we imagine.

SunnyLondon
Tuning in

I’ve just received an email from VM staring my next bill is £108 - my current plan is £35/m and is £48/m with the new gig1. Looking into it, £40 has been added for new equipment/activation that I do not need. 
Hoping to get this refunded. 

Hey SunnyLondon, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community I am sorry to hear this.

Normally there is a activation fee charge for the Hub5, I will send you a PM so we can look into this. 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Glad to hear this has been resolved for you 🙂 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?