Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet after install

SALYOUS
Joining in

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Got an email saying Virgin Media was now available in my area after years of 50mbps from open reach. I ordered the M250 package for the 28th of October. Days away from the install it got delayed and I thought no problem, surely Virgin Media would provide some sort of internet connection for the week and a half where we would be left with no internet. Wrong. I called them up and they said there’s nothing we can do. Luckily, I bought a SIM router and put my 100gb sim in there. Though it was unstable, it barely lasted me that week and a half. Scheduled install was now 8th of November and believe it or not an engineer showed up. We had a great chat and I left him to do his job. After the install (which was and is absolutely horrible) I asked if I could connect to the router now and he confirmed. After connecting to the router, a message on my phone comes up and says “No internet connection”. Taking a look at the Hub 5x, a Yellow light appeared. When I asked him about this, he called Virgin and after a long chat, he explained that there is a problem on Virgins end and that all new installs are having this problem. He said it should be up and running within the next 24-48 hours Additionally, during the install he had to install a different kind of cable which was black rather that the normal white cable. No problem. I looked at the virgin box outside and saw the state of the cables. (Look at pictures). I also asked him about this and he said he ordered some kind of box to cover it and will come and install it on the 14th. Ok. 24-48 hours later, I’m still left with no internet, no compensation, and an ugly hallway and exposed cable outside. I’ve called Virgin every day since the 8th and they all tell me some different story. One even activated my service which didn’t help. A quick google search doesn’t even show that the 5x hub could even have a yellow/orange light. Currently, I have run out of data for the month and had to purchase a new plan for my son, which we now use in the SIM router. Video doorbells don’t work, the thermostat doesn’t work, nothing wifi works because we’re left in a situation where we have to ration our internet usage. Please help us Virgin, we haven’t even tried your internet services and already we’re struggling. Not a good sign

6 REPLIES 6

goslow
Alessandro Volta

That is shockingly poor. Clearly the installer didn't have the right materials to do the job properly (and probably not the right tools given how the cables have been left).

The yellow light and no internet has been getting regular mentions on here recently such as

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/New-connection-8-days-ago-but-has-never-w...

You need a revisit to resolve all issues

This video outlines something more like what you might reasonably have expected

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxlQTCZkeYU

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

god thats awful - if you wait here your 14day cooling off period will tick away - ring and tell them you want to terminate your contract - that should [hopefully] get them to sit up and take notice asking why - from there you need to tell them you want a senior tech to sort out the mess you have been left with

but again be aware that the 14 day clock is ticking

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Jonny-M
Fibre optic

That needs a competent installer to come back and redo the job, and for whoever is responsible for that work to be assigned as an apprentice to someone else until they can learn how to do their job.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Phone in the morning and say you're leaving. That should get it fixed. 

Don't accept any offer on here to take your details and look into it. That will just delay until your 14 days are over. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey SALYOUS,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your connection after install.

I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but first I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L

Teebee
On our wavelength

If they did that in my house I would genuinely cancel.......