cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No VM wall socket !!!!!

mkchan
Joining in

I've just moved into a property and I'm trying to set up my Virgin Fibre broadband. I'm at the stage where I need to plug the isolator cable into the Virgin Media wall socket. However, I do not have any of the specified wall sockets available. I can see the box of virgin media outside of my property but cannot link to any available socket inside. I need to WFH which I really need the internet asap. Anyone please help. Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sadly a lot of sockets get removed from properties, which VM have no knowledge of. Call the pre-install team after 8am Monday - Friday & they can arrange a technician to reconnect your socket. It is likely you will be waiting a few days.

The pre-install team number is 0800 052 1734

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Just to add to @nodrogd advice, you can also check for a loose cable as not all properties have a socket. Look outside for a brown or grey VM box on the wall and trace the cable to the inside. If it is a loose cable only, you will need one of these to connect the Quickstart cable. https://www.diy.com/departments/slx-f-type-satellite-cable-coupler/5028422001905_BQ.prd

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Bhavz007
Tuning in

I have the same situation, I've been waiting for 3 month and still waiting.

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey mkchan,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues with your self install, I have been able to look into this and can see from the system that you have been able to get a technician visit arranged to install the wall socket and enable you to use your services.

Please let us know how the visit goes, if you get the chance to do so.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Hey Bhavz007,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your services, I have been able to check the notes on our system and can see that there have been updates since you last posted, have the team advised you of the latest updates?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L