cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need cable in conduit and box on wall for moved higher

JamieS2
Tuning in

I'm a existing customer and having a new pressed Concrete drive in the summer. The current cabling runs under some chippings from a wall which is also being removed. I basically need a conduit for the cable to run from street to my wall mounted box and this moved higher so it's not in the way. Having the cabling just under the concrete will cause issues later on if i go full fibre.

Ive tried ringing Virgin via the phone but just get moved from department to department. Can You assist with this query ?

9 REPLIES 9

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @JamieS2 Thanks for reaching out to us on the Virgin Media Community forums. 👋🏼

I'm so sorry to hear you've been transferred round the departments for your query, this really is not the way we go with these queries.
I have raised this query to the head engineers in your area and and have saved / noted down this interaction so that when they provide an update or answer for your question - I will be able to advise regarding this.

I can't guarantee when the engineers will reply but they usually reply within a short time frame of 48 hours depending on their work and crew online.
Once they update us, we'll keep you in the loop. 🙂

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

JamieS2
Tuning in

Thanks Ilyas await the reply with great anticipation ,, 👍

We'll be sure to let you know as soon as we have any update for you @JamieS2  

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

JamieS2
Tuning in

Any Update on this? looking at new drive May/June @Carley_S

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

I think you will find VM reluctant to spend so much on installing a deep conduit for you when you already have a working cable . You may need to get your builders to put in a conduit with a pull cord when they lay the concrete drive.

The wall box move should be possible as a standard £25 no fault visit. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Hi JamieS2,

I've checked with Ilyas and I'm afraid he hasn't received a response to this yet, but we have chased them for a reply.

We'll keep you posted and we're sorry to keep you waiting.

Beth

Update - Hiya , since had a engineer(simon) out to move box on wall and remove unused cabling.  However i still need a conduit for cable from street to house.. before i. Can have my drive way done in June 

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

As said above, there's no reason for VM to spend all that money on a connection that's working perfectly. They aren't that generous. You'll need to get your builder to do it. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Hi there @JamieS2 

Thank you for popping back to us and I would be more than happy to pop you a private message so we can grab some information and see what we can do.

I will pop you a PM across now, please keep an eye out for the envelope at the top of your screen alerting you to a new message.