cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing cable box cover

Cablebox
Joining in

Our external cable box cover is missing and I need to arrange a replacement as the cables are exposed to the rain. I can’t find anything online to help or get through to a human on the phone so posting here in hopes a support person can help me resolve this!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Please post a photo to allow VM to assess the damage.  If you wait here a day or two a VM Mod will pick this up and discuss.   Don't worry too much about the rain, as these cables and connectors are very robust.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Please post a photo to allow VM to assess the damage.  If you wait here a day or two a VM Mod will pick this up and discuss.   Don't worry too much about the rain, as these cables and connectors are very robust.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you! Photo attached 

IMG_1821.jpeg

Hey Cablebox,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of this happening to your omnibox cover,  I can arrange an appointment from here to have a new cover fitted but would need to confirm a few details via a private message, that I will drop over in a moment. Please look out for the private message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L

IMG_2608.jpeg

Hi Steven_L,

We have also recently lost our brown cover in the storms. Are you able to arrange for this to be sorted please?

Many thanks!

Hi schofieo, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear your omni box needs a little attention. This is something we can certainly check for you but in order to do that I will need to confirm some information with you to book the visit.

I have sent you a direct message to allow us to do this with you in a private space. If you are using a PC/Laptop then you can just click on the little ✉ at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox. If you are on a mobile/tablet device then instead click on the little circle icon in the top right then select 'Messages'. 😊

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi schofieo, 

Thanks for coming back to via private message to confirm your information. 🤩

I have booked you in for the next available appointment and sent you details of the appointment via direct message. 

Let us know how the appointment goes. 😊

Take care.

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

AngCol83
Joining in

 Hi Forum Team

We moved into a new build house and the cable box which is located in the driveway/pavement is open with no cover. The cables are exposed and I worry about damage to these with cars using the driveway. But fundamentally I worry that there are a lot of elderly people in this area and this hole represents a trip hazard, particularly at night. 
I flagged this to Virgin a month ago but no apparent action has been taken and the hole remains.

I have attached a picture and would hugely appreciate this issue being resolved.

IMG_6330.png

Thanks in advance.

Hey @AngCol83,

Welcome to the Community Forums and thanks for the post.

Sorry to hear this is still ongoing, can you confirm to us how you reported this to us and when it was reported exactly?

Joe

Hi Joe

I called your customer service department on the 16th February ahead of an engineers visit to connect the internet. I was hoping the engineers would be able to cover the hole on their visit. When they attended on the 20th Feb they had not been advised about the hole so I flagged it to them, they weren’t able to cover it there and then and said they would flag it to their manager. I’ve not heard anything since, it’s been a month and the hole is still there.

I’d really like to get this resolved before someone trips and hurts themself on it.

Thanks