cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connections - Move TV box

tina-d
On our wavelength

Elderly vulnerable - Front dining room becoming new downstairs bedroom in a few days. VM equipment enters directly there from outside - for broadband, VOIP landline phone, Emergency phone, TV (not internet TV).  They use WiFi for laptop. The new living room now back of house, so TV needs to move to there, so probably best to move hub and VOIP phone (they’ve got 3 connected phones) too? Or is there any argument to leave hub and the VOIP phone in the new bedroom? Can we leave emergency phone on its own in situ in the new bedroom? Will the new extension cabling go over the mantelpiece of the gas fire or run on the floor in front? We will need to book an engineer. Thank you for your help! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

As for the phone line quality, that seems to be a characteristic of VM's own version of VOIP.  Mine is the same, and others have complained too.

I have subscribed to a standard VOIP service, and the quality is better than the old copper line. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

tina-d
On our wavelength

Thank you.  Also, can their VOIP phone line quality be checked at the same time? They sometimes complain their line is noisy/crackly. Thanks. Also! I am messaging all this on here, because I wasn’t confident in my discussion with customer service, who also said we might get an engineer on the same day as requested? Is this so?  Thank you! 🤗

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Take most phone responses with a pinch of salt. VM is a residential service. Unless there is an emergency, tech visits are usually anything between 3 & 5 working days. There is a standard charge for any alterations that are not fault related of £25. A member of the forum team can assist booking this, but as they respond to posts in rotation you may be waiting a while for a response.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

tina-d
On our wavelength

Thank you nodrogd, I’ll book it now.  What do you think of the other questions.  Move it all apart from the emergency phone? 

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

As for the phone line quality, that seems to be a characteristic of VM's own version of VOIP.  Mine is the same, and others have complained too.

I have subscribed to a standard VOIP service, and the quality is better than the old copper line. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello tina-d.

Thanks for your post and welcome back to our community.

We are able to arrange for the services to be relocated for you.

Regarding the cable route , This can be discussed on the day of the appointment with the engineer.

So we can get this arranged and If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check the logo top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L

tina-d
On our wavelength

Thank you, Gareth, I have just come back to this. I booked an engineer over the phone, because an above message suggested it might be quicker, but thank you for offering to help.  It’s certainly a pain going through the phone options, not knowing which to choose and hitting dead ends!