15 REPLIES 15

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
A VM person will respond in a day or two

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @roseblossom, thanks for reaching out to us on the forums.

I am so sorry to see this issue happen to the service!
I will send a private message so we can get this sorted out ASAP.
Watch out for the purple envelope inviting you in for a chat.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @roseblossom, thanks for speaking with us today. 😇

I'm sorry to hear about the box falling off the wall again. 😕
As advised in our private chat, we have booked an engineer for this, date and time mentioned in the chat.
Please let us know how it goes with the appointment so that we can follow up with our actions.
Feel free to reach out to us with any other queries you may have.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

roseblossom
On our wavelength

Hi, please could you send an engineer around again to secure our box? The cover has been removed by someone again (not us). It needs to be properly secured otherwise this will keep happening.

IMG_0127.jpeg

roseblossom
On our wavelength

Further image from today (28/04/2023) -

WhatsApp Image 2023-04-28 at 14.56.58.jpeg

Hi roseblossom, 

Thanks for taking the time to come back to us in the Community. We're sorry to hear the cover has been damaged again. 

If this is something that is happening often, it's worth speaking to the Police to report. 

In the meantime, I just need to confirm the address to ensure we are booking the visit on the correct account. I have sent you a direct message to allow us to do this with you in a private space. Just click on the little ✉ at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox. 😊

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I've often thought a metal grid covering would be a good idea for these boxes that are exposed on public footpaths.

Maybe a local fabricator could make one at a reasonable price?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi roseblossom, 

Thanks for coming back to via private message to confirm your information. 🤩

I have booked you in for the next available appointment and sent you details of the appointment via direct message. 

Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this by replying directly to the direct message and we can support you further. If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.

Let us know how the appointment goes. 😊

Take care.

Kath_F
Forum Team

roseblossom
On our wavelength

Hi, yet again - for the fourth time - please could you send an engineer around to secure our box? This is how I have found the box today (01/06/2023)

Screenshot 2023-06-01 193708.pngScreenshot 2023-06-01 193735.png

When the engineer came a month ago, he secured the top with black tape (as seen in the photo) and spoke to his supervisor to see if the VM box could be relocated into our back yard so that it is not in the public footpath. I believe VM were seeing if a contractor could be brought in to do this work. Do you have any updates on this? It would be good if this could happen as it would put a stop to this recurring issue.