cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5x red flashing light

brotherbel
Joining in

i was away for 3 days, came home yesterday and I have a red flashing light on my 5x router, ive ran checks and apparently everything is ok to the house. I’ve made sure all cables are plugged in, I’ve reset the router and still nothing.

ive contacted virgin via phone. Ive been on hold upto 90 minutes and the cut off. I’ve called back and been cut off and I’ve just tried again. Been passed between departments and cut off again.

is this normal for virgin media to be so rubbish!? I know nowtv wasn’t anything special but at least it worked for the past 5 years!?

anyone able to help!? Thank you

4 REPLIES 4

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Yes that's entirely normal. You'll get used to it as a Virginmedia customer. 

Your first paragraph could be read two ways. Just to confirm, has your service stopped working? 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Yep

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

First thing is to check for a local area fault - 0800 561 0061.

If that doesn't report a fault then I'm afraid you'll either have to face the phones again or wait for a VM person to pick this up.  Good luck! 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Hi @brotherbel 👋.

Thanks for reaching out to us and welcome to the Community Forums. Apologies for the delay in responding, are you still having ongoing issues with your Hub 5x?

Please let us know. 

Sabrina