cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Permanent red/orange light on Hub 3

tcrofts
Tuning in

My Virgin Media Hub 3 has been showing a permanent redish light for a few weeks now. I have turned the device off for 15 min and on again, and this has not resolved the issue. I have also done a factory reset via the app and this has not fixed it either. Please could someone from Virgin Media advise. 

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Is it really red - or just "orange" ?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Screenshot_20240429-185041_Gallery.jpg

Hopefully the picture has attached. It's certainly not true red.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

A yellow/orange light on a Hub3 is just a sign of an "ageing" LED and has no reported functional significance.

If it turns true red the hub needs replacing as it is either overheating or the mechanism for detecting that is not working correctly.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi @tcrofts 

Welcome back to the community forums 

Sorry to hear of your LED light concern. I have double checked the systems at our side and cannot see any issues with the service at all. 

As @jbrennand has very kindly advised, it seems to be just an aged LED that has caused some discolouring. Please do let us know if you have any further issues or concerns and we'll be more than happy to assist further should you need. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley