cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Un requested engineer visit booked on my behalf - very odd?

Jack33
Joining in

Since last weekend (03/03/24) have been having issues with TV apps as at bottom of this post (RE: F011216248) and had a bit of back and forth on this with various VM people via call center before finding out it was a wider issue – unrelated to individual TV boxes/broadband.

So...this morning (11/03/24) had a text saying an engineer visit was booked for [tomorrow] – at first thought was scam but checked the link on text and clicked to reschedule (as even though I don’t want the engineer visit didn’t want to cancel without finding out what for first) – all legit so not a scam.

Called VM and they said issues had been identified with my broadband (via automated tests on/around 05/03/24) – very odd as I work from home and since having a new router about 6 weeks ago have had no issues whatsoever. I’m wondering why VM doing un requested tests on people’s equipment and what ‘issues’ might have been identified as I have not noticed anything for the around 12 hours a day I use my broadband.

Can anyone/VM moderator help me out here – is this a normal thing? I don’t think I need an engineer visit although am keeping it for now, and would rather not have the wait about for them or be offline/disruption/mess of a visit (does anyone?).

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Security Error

This server could not prove that it is content.dtv.virginmedia.com;its security certificate is not trusted by your computers operating system. This may be caused by a configuration or an attacker intercepting your connection. 
you should not proceed especially if you have never seen this warning before for this site

It then gives two options - Back to safety or proceed anyway but neither works. 

6 REPLIES 6

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Jack33, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community I am sorry to hear this.

If a tech has been booked in most likely you would need this and I would advise to keep it booked in, the systems could of picked something up you see.

Please do keep us updated on how it goes. 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Alan_B
On our wavelength

Image.jpg

The error message....

Hi @Alan_B, thank you for your post.

We're sorry to see the error message you've been getting 😔

I can see you've spoken to the team since you posted. Has this issue now been resolved?

Regards,
Daniel

Alan_B
On our wavelength

Yes, now relsolved after 11 days, 3 calls, and an engineer visit who couldn't fix it. All came back on Friday... Personal view is that when the box was replaced the image used was an old one that hadn't been kept up to date with the latest security cert. 

Have cancelled as haven't been having any noticeable issues (apart from the TV app issue which has finally been fixed remotely as was a wider issue unrelated to individual boxes), of course if we DO notice anything then we can always follow procedures to get a visit.

Hi both, 

Thanks for coming back and updating us in the Community. We're happy to hear your issues have since been resolved. 

We are here to help so if you have any further issues with your services, pop back to us here. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs