cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Superhub 3 no Ethernet following lightning storm

derryck
Tuning in

As the subject. Returned home after a few days away to find that a storm had knocked out the router section of my Hub. One yellow LED continuously lit, no signs of life otherwise on it or any of the others. Happily the WiFi radio is still working, but that only covers a portion of my equipment! Lightning had struck nearby houses too, also knocking out their Internet. New Hub would seem to be on the cards please.

Derryck

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi, derryck.

Thanks for all the posts and updates on our forums and this thread, although we're sorry to see things did not go as planned / advised with your tech visit and that no one showed up despite our confirmation messages.

This is nowhere near the experience we'd want for our customers, in order to be able to view more on what's happened and help you I will send you a PM here soon.

Please, check the top right-hand side of our page to find a little white envelope.
Click on this and you'll see my message.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

Client62
Legend

Have you tried pressing the Hub 3 RESET button for 60 seconds  ?

After using RESET leave the Hub 3 powered on to perform a full factory reset.

With lightning it can be Hub and / or your network kit that has been disrupted due to voltage spikes induced into the network cables or due to main power line spikes. 

derryck
Tuning in

First thing I tried 😞

Client62
Legend

Call it in as a fault request a replacement Hub asap.

If Customer Support mess about and don't understand the problem turn off the Hub as you go to bed and in then morning call in around 8am and report the Hub 3 has totally failed over night. Just tell them it is dead light out & cold. to touch. 

derryck
Tuning in

Hoping to avoid the script-reading and the often hard to understand CS TBH, hence my posting in here. Hopefully an admin will pick this up tomorrow.

Client62
Legend

When we called in with a truly dead Hub 3, an engineer replaced it the following afternoon.

Engineer booked for Monday via WhatsApp, painless operation! Next job, find out what other gear has been damaged 😞

Thanks for the update @derryck 

Let us know how the visit goes!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

I wasn't impressed. Stayed in all afternoon waiting for the technician's visit, after 4 text messages threatening a £25 fee if there was no-one in. In the end I gave up, opened the box myself, and discovered that it was a self-install (went ok). So. Are we entitled to charge Virgin Media a £25 fee for non-arrival of a technician and a completely spurious booking? Well, we should be, so I'm looking forward to a credit on my account...

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi, derryck.

Thanks for all the posts and updates on our forums and this thread, although we're sorry to see things did not go as planned / advised with your tech visit and that no one showed up despite our confirmation messages.

This is nowhere near the experience we'd want for our customers, in order to be able to view more on what's happened and help you I will send you a PM here soon.

Please, check the top right-hand side of our page to find a little white envelope.
Click on this and you'll see my message.

Adri
Forum Team