cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some websites are not available through WiFi

StavrosS
Joining in

Hi all,

I have a Hub 6 and an access point connected to it via ethernet and I'm dealing with the following problem. Wifi works ok if the access point is disconnected. When I'm connecting the access point to the hub using ethernet, I lose access to some websites for all WiFi connected devices. Some websites like outlook and Google load ok. 

Also note that the access point is different SSID and channel than the Hub. The devices that cannot load the websites are connected to the Hub SSID.

Is this some known issue?

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Just change the SSIDs on the access point to be the same as the hub, but on different channels. By the way VM UK do not have a Hub6, is it a typo or are you in Eire?

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Hi Tudor,

Thanks. I'm in Ireland. There are a couple of reasons I need them to be separate SSID.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Unfortunately this is the VM UK forum and a separate Company to VM IE.  You will really need to contact VM IE. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @StavrosS 

The contact links, including an online chat messenger for VM Ireland can be found on the following page: https://www.virginmedia.ie/contact/  

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

StavrosS
Joining in

Thanks guys. I'll contact them.