cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SH4 in modem mode responding to 2 ips 192.168.100.1 and 192.168.0.1?

bodgeup
On our wavelength

I noticed a problem with my SH4 in modem mode, it still responds / web ui loads on the 2 default lan ips? I've tried several factory resets but it's still the same? I have been trying to get a replacement via support web chat but rhe my virgin media app doesn't get past a your hub needs a reset.

I'm hoping VM staff read this and can arrange a replacement self install.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

its fine for the new hub to load the UI on them IP's as long as you get your WAN IP its fine

---------------------------------------------------------------

bodgeup
On our wavelength

Yeah that, i gathered. I should mentioned initially some web searching took me to other occurances of the same issue on the SH4 and it does sound like a fault with the Firmware that normally can be resolved with a factory reset but for devices that it doesn't resolve then its a HW swap job.  I only noticed the issue when one day I was too lazy to mess around with an old semi managed switch which still had its default IP which was unfortunately 192.168.0.1 which I wasnt able to reach as I kept hitting my SH4 which made me wonder as knowing I was in modem mode it should of only responded to 192.168.100.1 which also loaded.  Thanks for your reply though, yes it will work but its def not supposed to do this I'm just lucky I don't use any sort of MAC to IP bind spoofing detection on my Firewall or that could lead to some problems. I may just have to call the dreaded 150 number, as the web chat support channel seems to be difficult to access on purpose nowdays..

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Yes, if your Router is not using the 192.168.0.xxx   IP range, the Hub 4 can be reached on both IP addresses.  This has been a known "feature" for quite some time.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks