cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3.0 stops responding with errors.

VsUK
On our wavelength

I've the hub 3.0 in modem mode because I have my wifi using my own router which out performs that with the hub 3.0. Everything has been fine until the last few weeks, for no reason my internet goes off & I'm no longer able to access the hub to check. Its happened also just before I've gone to bed, so I've left it to see if it resolves itself & it doesn't. The only fix is to power it off directly & power it back. When I gain access to the hub, it doesn't work right away with the red light showing, in the status part, it shows Internet Access denied for quite some time, then it starts working. 

Another thing I've noticed always at the time it stops working is this. 

01/01/1970 00:01:43ErrorDHCP RENEW WARNING - Field invalid in response v4 option;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0

This happens every time it stops working. I don't know if there's a fault with my hub or something else, but it's starting to vex me now.

3 REPLIES 3

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

That is a normally expected message, but the date indicates that the hub has rebooted. 

Check with Area faults on 0800 561 0061 If you have a VM landline 150 this goes down to post code level. You could also try the web page status, but this is not recommended as it only covers issues that affect a very large number of customers.

VM will not dispatch any technicians while an area fault exists.

If no area faults found:

The primary place to report faults or for service requests is Customer Services on 0345 454 1111/150 if you have a VM landline or wait two or three days for a VM staff member to get to your post.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello VsUK.

Thanks for popping back on our community.

Sorry its not on better terms with your broadband connection issues.

If I can send you a private message to gain account access we can take it from there.

From there it will be possible to run diagnostics and check the area for any known issues, from what you have described it does sound like we have an SNR issue local to you.

If you can check your logo at the  top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello VsUK.

Thanks for your private message and passing security.

Great news the connection has settled down now and you are not experiencing any more issues.

By all means please let us know if you still need assistance. 

Would probably be best on here, just in case you send me a private message and I am away from work etc.

Sorry again for the service interruptions.

Hope you have a nice weekend.

Gareth_L