cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red light on hub 3

Leenahyatt
Joining in

Having been through the automated resetting process a number of times, my hub 3.0 is still showing a constant red light. 
we have been struggling with slow download speeds (10mb) for a while now. 

can anyone shed any light on this please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If the red LED persists after a pinhole reset, the Hub should be swapped out. This red LED is the overheat warning and should be working correctly. If you wait here a couple of days a VM Mod should pick this up and discuss directly with you.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If the red LED persists after a pinhole reset, the Hub should be swapped out. This red LED is the overheat warning and should be working correctly. If you wait here a couple of days a VM Mod should pick this up and discuss directly with you.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Leenahyatt 👋 Welcome to our forum and thanks for your post 😊

Sorry to see you've been having issues with the Hub light and speeds. We'll certainly be happy to assist further with this. Just to be on the safe side it'll be best to arrange an engineer to come and check the Hub and swap if needed.

I'll pop you a PM to confirm some details to arrange this.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules