cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instability issues / slow speeds

Elluke01
Tuning in

I recently upgraded to Hub 5 and GIG1 fibre broadband (from hub 3/500mbps) and since then my connection has been unstable and constantly dropping every day. This happens across all devices, wifi and ethernet. Download speeds also haven't increased since upgrading, only upload. 

Running test on the app shows no issues at all so wondering if anyone can help?

9 REPLIES 9

Cardiffman282
Knows their stuff

Try a 60 second pinhole reset of the hub with no ethernet connections. 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

Elluke01
Tuning in

Already tried to do that, didn't do anything for me unfortunately, things are still unstable whenever I try to do anything.

Elluke01
Tuning in

Still getting packet loss every night

Hi @Elluke01 
Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.
Very sorry to hear of the broadband issues.
I've done a system check for you, you are affected by an SNR issue. (Signal to noise).
F011010137 - this is the fault reference. 
The estimated fix date is tomorrow at 2pm.
Hopefully fixed sooner but if still having issues, pop back after then and we'll happily help.
Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

I can see your area is still impacting by an outage. 

You might find that your Virgin Fibre, Voice and Virgin TV services are intermittent, with the picture freezing or disappearing now and then. 

The estimated time of fix has been pushed back to 23 NOV 2023 14:00.

We are sorry and our engineers are working hard to resolve this for you. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I shall wait until the 23rd then! I will update if it has been resolved or not.

No worries at all.

Please do keep us updated on this. Cheers

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Elluke01
Tuning in

After the estimated date of the 23rd, it was perfect for one day, then after that back to the same old packet loss that I was getting previously. Still seemingly an ongoing issue.

Hi Elluke01,

Thank you for reaching back out, apologies for any further inconvenience caused, there is currently an SNR (Signal to Noise Ratio) fault in your area, 

Status report || You might find that your Virgin Fibre, Voice and Virgin TV services are intermittent, with the picture freezing or disappearing now and then. We are sorry and our engineers are working hard to resolve this.

This is noise on the Network caused by a damaged/ exposed cable, the estimated fix is 28/11/23 @ 14:00, all fix times are estimated and may change.

Regards

Paul.