cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide SSID

remlap1440
Tuning in

Hi, I can see from some other posts that help is out there, however I contacted Virgin to try and get help and depending who I was passed to, depended on the answer I was getting. So hopefully I can get the help here.

I have a HUB 3 and I am wanting to hide my SSID. Not disable my wifi signal just hide it. 

When I log into the router the option is there but is grayed out so I cannot select it. To me, it looks like the router needs an update to enable this feature. 

To be clear and skip a few steps, I have watched the videos and followed the instructions that have been posted before, but I still cannot select the option. Can anyone help? Screenshot of what I am faced with.

ssid.jpg

8 REPLIES 8

carl_pearce
Community elder

@remlap1440 wrote:

Hi, I can see from some other posts that help is out there, however I contacted Virgin to try and get help and depending who I was passed to, depended on the answer I was getting. So hopefully I can get the help here.

I have a HUB 3 and I am wanting to hide my SSID. Not disable my wifi signal just hide it. 

When I log into the router the option is there but is grayed out so I cannot select it. To me, it looks like the router needs an update to enable this feature. 

To be clear and skip a few steps, I have watched the videos and followed the instructions that have been posted before, but I still cannot select the option. Can anyone help? Screenshot of what I am faced with.

ssid.jpg

You probably need to disable 'Smart WiFi', by selecting 'Disable Channel Optimization', first.

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

"I have a HUB 3 and I am wanting to hide my SSID" why? If it’s for security reasons then that’s not valid, if more of a security exposure if it’s hidden. Read up about it.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Client62
Legend

The ability to disable SSID broadcast was removed from the Hub 3 at least 2 years ago.
Perhaps that was to bring the Hub 3 in line with Hub 4 & 5 and for compatibility with the VM Pods.

Thanks, but that does not allow access. 

Not for security, I just want certain channels hidden.

Client62
Legend

Not for any reason is a hidden SSID a benefit

H_C_Langridge
Tuning in

I’ve looked all over the forum for a resolution to this. I has my SSiD hidden but today I had to reset my router and I can’t hide it anymore! Did you ever get a resolution? I’ve tried everything!

You now have to get your own router with 1Gb ports to do this hidden SSID.

---------------------------------------------------------------