cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I get a hub reassigned to my account?

oliviasmay
Joining in

I just set up a new Virgin Media account, I was sent a Hub3, we previously had a lot off connectivity issues with a Hub3 and were sent a Hub4 which solved almost all of them. I have asked Virgin but apparently they are discontinuing the Hub4, can I use the one I have already and get it reassigned to my account? Surely it makes no difference to the company if they are not sending them out any more anyway?

8 REPLIES 8

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi oliviasmay,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums. 

Have you tried to use the new hub 3 and you're getting the same issues as you had previously? If not, would you be able to try installing that hub and checking if you still have the same problems.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

I am still getting patchy wifi coverage anywhere except in the room the router is in. We had this issue before with the hub3 and that's why they sent us the 4. I have the previous hub4 still and since Virgin no longer issue them, I was hoping to have it reassigned to my account rather than send it back. Is there any way to do this?

Thank you for letting us know @oliviasmay You wont be able to use the old hub 4 as each hub is registered to a certain property to be activated for use. I can however see you were recently in contact with a member of our team regarding this issue. Was our team able to advise on this? Do you need any further help with this connectivity issue?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Client62
Legend

Turn off Auto Channel selection on both the 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands and the Hub 3 Wi-Fi will be stable.

Hi Akua,

The property is the same. We had an account here, it's now a new account, I am in the same property and I have the hub here, all I want is for it to be reassigned to my new account from the old so that I don't have to send it back and have it resent out. I don't understand why this is so complicated, surely someone can tick a box somewhere to say it was returned and resent out without it having to be physically sent to you. It would save time and be much more ecologically friendly to do it this way.

Olivia

Hi oliviasmay,

Thank you for reaching back out, we are sorry you aren't happy with your current Router and want to use the one from your previous account, i will be more than happy to have a further look into this for you, I will send you an invite into a private chat, please click on the white envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

Hi I have the exact same question, I have posted on here, but yet to get a response from a member of the Virgin team.

We had a hub 5 on old contract that ran out March 31st , we started the new contract the next day in the same property and now have to use the new Hub 3 that was posted out, I'm getting bad WiFi coverage now ( were went through this last time, that's why I was updated to the hub 5 by a technician) 

I'd also like to just have the Hub5 re-configured to work on the new connection as it's just sat, unplugged.

Please can someone help me.

Thanks

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Dont double post stick to your own thread... did you call it in yet ?

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/Keep-Hub5-from-old-account-and-remove-new...

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.