cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband dropping regularly

Lex_Mef
Joining in

For the last 3-4 weeks+ my home broadband connection has been dropping daily without fail.

There are no patterns of when it drops or outage time, just totally sporadic and either is a couple of times in the day or all over the place.

I’ve powered down, left it for a couple of mins and brought back up many times now, checking hub settings nothing has changed or any indication of potential devices causing a conflict and the location of the hub has not changed.

Is there a general known issue for users, if so, I’ll take a little solace in that and if not, I’ll reach out to Virgin tech support as this is getting beyond a joke now and not the best time when kids are trying to study for exams!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Lex_Mef 👋

Thanks for your post, and a warm welcome to the Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing problems with your Broadband. I've taken a look on our side, and I can see that there are some levels on your service that are out of specification, which may be causing the issues you're facing.

I'm going to send you a private message, so I can assist further. Please look out for it in the top-right, purple envelope.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Do you have problems with wired devices?
---------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, wired devices also impacted

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Lex_Mef 👋

Thanks for your post, and a warm welcome to the Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing problems with your Broadband. I've taken a look on our side, and I can see that there are some levels on your service that are out of specification, which may be causing the issues you're facing.

I'm going to send you a private message, so I can assist further. Please look out for it in the top-right, purple envelope.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Doughboy
Joining in

I'm having the same issue. Mine drops out 3 or 4 times in the evenings. What was the solution for your fault? 

Hello Doughboy

Sorry to hear of the broadband connection issues experienced, we understand the frustration and appreciate you taking the time to raise this via the forums.

From checking the connection and equipment all of the levels and specs appear to be within the ranges we'd expect to see. The speeds look fine averaging 292mbps download and 28mbps upload over the last week. There is one reported disconnection showing yesterday for 8 minutes just after 9am. 

These are taken from the Hub so disconnection may be due to a wireless network or device issues, We have these tips available to help with broadband issues:

Let us know if this helps.

Rob