cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why don't virgin answer my emails?

rebrobayo
Tuning in

Virgin Media sent me a renewal offer for my broadband and TV package in writing.

I would like to accept it and have spent 9 hours (yes, NINE) on one contact, via messenger trying to get the deal done.  They just pass you from pillar to post.  Eventually I got them to raise a complaint for me.  I received a message  from the, so called, "resolutions team", that I should ring the customer retention team on the number below... but there was no number.  There was a Contact Us button which led to a message saying "No healthy upstream" so I can't contact anyone unless I go through the hours on their ridiculous customer service number AGAIN which I refuse to do.  I have replied to the "resolutions team's" email to tell them that I need a number to ring, 11 days ago, 9 days ago and 8 days ago.  Still no response.  Just shocking customer service.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @rebrobayo 👋

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

I am sorry you've not had the best experience with us. 

Unfortunately, we are unable to assist with any package changes via the Forums so the best way forward would be to speak with the Retentions team directly on 0345 454 1111 and they will be more than happy to help.

Let us know how you get on!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @rebrobayo 👋

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

I am sorry you've not had the best experience with us. 

Unfortunately, we are unable to assist with any package changes via the Forums so the best way forward would be to speak with the Retentions team directly on 0345 454 1111 and they will be more than happy to help.

Let us know how you get on!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

rebrobayo
Tuning in

You see...it really isn't that difficult to give out the correct telephone number.  But why does it have to take a public complaint for you to be able to provide it?  Shocking!

Our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Let us know how you get on.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

rikna1
On our wavelength

Absolutely, and you got a lot further than me. I have never found a service that is so determined to drive customers away as Vrgin. Its support is just a time sink, it has none of the advertised elements it should have and is only ever a complete waste of time. That is exactly why I am leaving. 

carl_pearce
Community elder

I just Googled 'Retentions team virgin media' and it was the first result, so doesn't appear to be that difficult to find:

jrl7904
On our wavelength

easy to find but impossible to deal with how much are you paid for kissing their rear ends

I'm not, and I'm not.

spoke too soon.

another phone call to the number provided... over an hour now and still being told I cant have the deal I was offered in writing, they are still working on it after I complained of false advertising.  How can you be sent a deal in writing and when you try to accept it they tell you you must pay more and / or have extra services that you don't want and pay for them?  I'm still on the phone now as the poor rep is trying their best.. systems just aren't joined up.

Still telling me that I have to pay £300 more per year for the package I was offered in writing.

So I asked them to give me the best price for what I have been offered and it is £30 per month more than what I had in writing.  TO THE OMBUDSMAN I GO.. and then to some other provider I think.

Absolutely useless.  I have a deal in writing, resolutions team say it will be processed by retentions team; retentions team can't process it without adding on a £25 a month sim.  I'm not going to pay an extra £300 a year for a Sim I don't want.  Best similar deal without Sim was even more expensive.  Completely ridiculous.

False advertising / false promises / completely illegal processes I think.  

Have been quite happy with VM for 4 years, you would think they would treat their customers with a bit more respect and care.  Around 15 hours wasted and no resolution.  Now I will have to go through the process with BT and Sky and do all the set up stuff again...such a hassle; and all because VM don't do what they say they will.