cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moved house, kept package, lost TNT

dty7
Joining in

Hi,

I was moving house, had a chat with VM and agreed to keep the same package (Maxit TV) at my new address. However, on activation at the new address I no longer have TNT sports. I can see many other threads with a similar problem. I believe that Maxit TV has been replaced by mega which does not come with TNT.

I have an email copy of the conversation transcript with the VM Support on 05 Mar 2024 18:28 PM, extract below:

------------------------------------------

Mo Movers BOT|18:29 PM

Amazing, we can help you with this here. 😀
Mo Movers BOT|18:29 PM

Would you like to keep your current package as it is? Please select an option below:
You|18:30 PM

Yes, keep my package
Mo Movers BOT|18:30 PM

Great news! 😃
------------------------------------------

Is there someone I need to contact to get this sorted please

Rgds
Den

9 REPLIES 9

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi dty7,

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear of any unexpected package changes. 

To confirm, when you went through the move request did it advise that you are continuing your existing contract or agreeing to a new contract term?

^Martin

Hi Martin 

I confirmed that my current contract is continuing

--------------------

John|20:12 PM
Having contract continuation is an exclusive reward for moving customers only at the moment. We’re still working on getting our systems updated to reflect this, so as a result of booking your move today, you may receive a minimum term contract to your new address. Please disregard this as I’ve sent your move details over to a dedicated team who will ensure your account is amended to reflect our conversation today If you wish to reduce your tier or remove any of your services you must give us 30 days' notice and if you are in a minimum term, an early disconnection fee may apply. Are we good so far?
You|20:14 PM
Yes thanks, so I will continue on my current contract and can ignore the email stating its a new 18 month contract and £91 charge
John|20:15 PM
Yes, that's correct Dennis.

--------------------------
Regards
Dennis

Hi @dty7 👋.

Thanks for the update on this, so that we can assist you we would need to bring you in for a private message. Please look out for the envelope on the top right of your web browser or if you are using a mobile device, it will be located under your profile icon.

Thanks.

Sabrina

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Which TV box are you using - TiVo, V6 or TV360?

If you definitely have Maxit and still use a TiVo or V6, there is a menu option to re-synch your EPG. Home > Help & Settings > Help > TV Care > I'm missing some channels

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for the reply japitts. On moving, VM gave me a 360 box.

Sabrina_b sorted it out for me, thanks Sabrina!

Thanks for keeping us updated @dty7 on the Virgin Media forums. 👋🏼

I'm glad to hear Sabrina was able to assist and get this query resolved for you!
Do reach out to us for any other queries and we'll assist where we can.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@dty7 wrote:

Thanks for the reply japitts. On moving, VM gave me a 360 box.

For the benefit of others more than the OP here, this is not normal practice.

When you move home, you normally take your own equipment with you. The OP here has either accepted an invitation to, or request to, convert to TV360.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

dty7
Joining in

Hi japitts, yes you're right. I brought my existing v6 box at the new address. However when the engineer came to do the internal installation, he found that during the move, my account had been associated with the 360 software which of course wouldn't work on my V6 box. So he had to provide the 360 box on site to get it working. 

Thanks for the update @dty7.

Do please feel free to come back to our Community Forums if further assistance is required.

Thanks,

David_Bn