cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confirmation of termination

brentrobbo
Dialled in

Several weeks ago I spent more than 3 hours on the phone trying to arrange termination of broadband.  I am out of contract.  I spoke to two advisers, cut off both times when they said I needed to confirm my wishes with ‘retentions’ and spent ages responding to a useless bot.  I was advised the termination was recorded and I asked for email confirmation.  I have received nothing.

A few weeks later, I again made contact and was told that the original advisers hadn’t completed the correct paperwork. I was told this would be done and I would get email confirmation. I have received nothing.

Because of a slight delay with Openreach, I rang to ask for my termination to be extended by a month to March 12th.  The adviser told me that no termination was recorded on the system (!) but that she would sort everything and confirm by email.  I have received nothing.

Are you able to confirm that this termination is set for March 12th? I don’t want to get into a debate about not giving 30 days’ notice.

Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

The termination should show in your MyVirginMedia account.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @brentrobbo 

Welcome back to our community forums and thank you for your first posts. Sorry to hear you are having issues confirming if your disconnection has gone through. We can understand the frustration caused. I can however see you are currently in private messages with a member of our team. Please remain in contact there and our team will do their best to help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

‘Should’!!…

Our colleague will support you via Private Message brentrobbo, please feel free to update them there.

Rob

As mentioned I can see you are in PM with my colleague.

Please do reach out to him if you need anymore assistance. 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?