cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

£50 charge for 'Tune Up'

Heskikaya66
Just joined

I have just noticed an extra £50 charge on my monthly bill for Virgin Media 'Tune Up'. I have never heard of this service nor have I requested anything extra that would warrant this bill. Google search reveals nothing other than one other user who has complained about this false charge. Virgin's team told me it was a music service that I have signed up to which is an outrageous lie. I'm a 21-year-old tech-savvy student, so I'd know if I signed up for a music service, especially when I already use spotify. I complained and they're sending an engineer out, and if somehow the engineer believes I did sign up to it, not only will I have to pay the £50 charge but also a £25 engineer fee. Knowing Virgin, they'll probably lie and say I did sign up to it. I refuse to pay my next bill unless this charge is removed. After my contract ends, I will run as far away from Virgin as possible, it is a rotten company from top to bottom. 

4 REPLIES 4

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Heskikaya66.

Thanks for your first post and welcome to our Community.
Sorry to hear about the £50 Tune up charge.
I'd like to take a look into this for you and see what has happened.
If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check the Logo top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Cardiffman282
Knows their stuff

Hi VM Forum Team. What is this "Tune Up" service that apparently has a billable code set up for it please? What does it involve, what Ts and Cs apply to it, how is it ordered, and where can I get more information about it please? Thank you.

(For the avoidance of doubt I have not been billed for it. I just want to know more about this VM service please). 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

Hi there @Cardiffman282 

Thank you so much for your post and I am so sorry to hear that you are also effected by this issue. 

Can I just confirm, has the agreed deal now been added after an engineer visit, and with it the 'Tune Up' charge was also added? 

Hiya Ashleigh. Thanks for responding. I did say in brackets in my post that I am not personally affected but that I am seeking more information on the precise nature of the Tune Up service please as I can't find anything on it. Cheers. 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).