cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Talk Time limits?

Alanj_49
Joining in

Are there any talk time limits on the Anytime Chatter package? ie is there a 60 minute limit to calls. I have looked on the website and it says Unlimited inclusive calls, but I heard from somewhere that there is a 60 minute limit. Could anyone please clarify

11 REPLIES 11

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Yes, there is a 60 minute call limit. Hang up and redial before 60 minutes to avoid being charged.

See below for all the small-print

https://www.virginmedia.com/content/dam/virginmedia/dotcom/images/mobile-browse/downloads/010123_Eve...

Also beware of call charges to certain 07 (mobile wifi) numbers as per footnote on page 3

Many thanks for the reply. I knew I had seen it somewhere, but if you look on the main web page there is no mention of that, so any 'new' customer would read it as 'Unlimited Inclusive Calls' and end up with unexpected bills. 

Hello Alanj_49

Thanks for posting on the forum in regards to the landline packages and potential charges, we understand the confusion.

As goslow has advised, the details are there in our detailed call charges information here. We will pass the concerns on to the marketing team as feedback to make this more prevalent.

Rob

Thank you, I don’t think that small print on page 4 of 56 is very prominent. It should be made very plain at the very outset, especially when Virgin are one of the very few that do not offer call plans for calls over 60 minutes. The front page is misleading with that terminology.

We will pass this on to the relevant team, Alanj_49. Again, we appreciate you raising this via the forums.

Rob

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Alanj_49 wrote:

Thank you, I don’t think that small print on page 4 of 56 is very prominent. It should be made very plain at the very outset, especially when Virgin are one of the very few that do not offer call plans for calls over 60 minutes. The front page is misleading with that terminology.

It is also in the legal comments at the bottom of the main Landline page on the website. The onus as always is on the customer to read any Terms & Conditions before signing an agreement. I also ought to point out that most mobile “unlimited” tariffs have a “fair use” clause, so are not truly unlimited either:

https://www.virginmedia.com/landline 

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

Note that other providers like BT, TalkTalk and Vodafone also charge for inclusive calls lasting more than 60 minutes. So, it's an industry norm.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Not quite correct. I am on BT until my line is ported (been waiting 2 months now) and I have talk anytime for over 1 hour,

Hello Alanj_49.

Thanks for replying. 

Can we just ask if you have a set date for the number to be ported to us from BT?

Gareth_L