cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recover landline number

Jamran
Joining in

Hi all,

Our virgin services were under my brother's name until recently as he moved out. Before his account closed, we placed a new order under my mum’s name, to start after his cancellation date. During the order process, we provided our landline number and were told that there is an active landline at this address and they will be able to keep this same number.

Fast forward to today (installation day) and we’ve discovered we actually have a completely different number!!! What’s the process of getting our original number back? Seeing as it was with virgin and at this very property, it shouldn’t be too much hassle, right?

any help is much appreciated. 

3 REPLIES 3

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Which provider 'owns' the number you want to recover? i.e. was the number you want to recover always a VM-owned number when your brother started with VM or was the number originally ported in to VM from another provider such as BT?

Recovering and renumbering a VM-owned number might be a more achievable prospect than one belonging to another provider.

Either way, you'll need the VM forum team to assist. They usually reply within a few days.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Jamran,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post and sorry to hear about your landline number issue! I understand how frustrating this must be.

I'll see what we can do with this issue and try my best to assist. I'll need to confirm a few details first to see if we're able to help in this situation.

I'll send you a Private Message to confirm a few details, so please keep an eye out for an envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. I'll be in touch soon.
Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Landline number porting is designed to allow transfer of a landline number from one provider to another. It has never been designed for transferring numbers between customer accounts. If you had just changed the name on the old account it would not have been a problem, but creating a new account there is no "right" on the customers part to keep the number from the old one.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks