cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone switchover to fibre - pulse dialling?

loyalcust
Tuning in

Will the new phone over fibre recognise LD (pulse dialling) from vintage telephones?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @loyalcust

That's a really good question which some other people may want to know too 😁

The answer is yes, once your phone has been switched over to the digital set up it will still work if your Hub is in modem mode.

Thanks!

Megan_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi loyalcust, 

Thanks for your post about the home phone switchover. 

We don't have a list of compatible handsets to be able to say for sure I'm afraid. 

We do know that 21cv uses tone dialing however there have been some posts from people who have a pulse dial handset and it has worked for them. 

I know it's not great but the only answer we can give is to try the handset once your migration happens. If it doesn't work you would either need to look at getting a conversion kit or purchase a handset that is compatible. 

Hopefully the handset will work for you though. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks for your swift response and yes I guess it is a matter of give it a try: encouraging though that there have been reports of it working. I'll wait and see - thanks again.

Thank you for getting back to us! No problem. 

Let us know how you get on and we can then do our best to offer further support from there. 

Thanks for your patience in the meantime! Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly

Oh - another thing : will the phone service work if the hub is in modem mode?

Hi @loyalcust

That's a really good question which some other people may want to know too 😁

The answer is yes, once your phone has been switched over to the digital set up it will still work if your Hub is in modem mode.

Thanks!

Megan_L

Excellent news - it just gets better all the time! Thank you