cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Line 'Upgrade"

VC10
Dialled in

Recently my landline was 'upgraded' to digital after a newly engaged handyman cut through the land line cable. Since then we have noticed call quality is poor with a fair amount of crackling, last night on one call the caller was barely understandable. We never experienced these problems prior to the 'upgrade'.

Last week the local BB went down for several hours and my wife became concerned the the nursing home her mother is in would would be unable to contact her should the need arise. Can we go back to a copper wire please.

10 REPLIES 10

goslow
Alessandro Volta

The 'upgrade' is a one-way conversion, unfortunately for those who are not keen on it.

How are your phones connected to the hub?

A single handset or cordless base station connected direct into the hub via the adapter or have you got VM to rewire your telephone sockets to the hub as part of the switchover process?

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @VC10

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry that you are noticing an issue with your phone line, I can understand how frustrating this must be. We are not able to revert the line as all lines with all providers are now switching to a fibre connection.

Are you able to confirm the questions goslow has posed for you? 

All VM did was supply an adaptor to plug into the back of a Hub 3.0 that connected to the base station and that was it.

Just answered goslow

base station cable

Thank you @VC10 that's great. 

Can I ask if you have been able to try another handset on this connection at all to see if the issue persists? 

VC10
Dialled in

Hi Ashleigh_C,

I have now tried another handset and the line is still crackles

Hi @VC10 

Thanks for coming back to us. Is the phone line connected to telephone port one on the router?

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Yes it is.