cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VICTIM OF FRAUD AND VIRGIN FAILING TO RECTIFY !!! HELP !!!

IanC28
Joining in

Dear Virgin Media , 

I have been contacting you over the last 6 weeks over this situation and I’m at my wits end, I really need help with this now !! 

I sold my property in Sept Nov 22, as you can imagine it was a shock when I discovered that a fraudster had opened around 7 virgin media mobile accounts in my name in my old address in Nov 22. I only discovered this as the fraudsters also set up the DD from my bank account. Luckily I noticed this before any money was taken. I contacted my bank and they cancelled the DD and I contacted Virgin to explain what had happened. As I no longer lived at that address I received no letters or contracts from VM.

To cut a long story short after so many hours on the phone to you and after you investigated you agreed that fraud had taken place and the accounts to be cancelled and removed from my credit file.

Even though this caused me so much stress I was pleased you had done this. I checked Experian and great nothing there. Fast forward a few years and surprise surprise I have 7 virgin media accounts on my credit file with Equifax !! I’m now rejected for my mortgage !!! I’ve contacted you so many times and through equifax. You have removed a few of the accounts but there are still 3 remaining so I still can’t get a mortgage which I am desperate for. I need this sorting !!!!!

as a victim of fraud I would have thought you would have helped me a lot faster than you are. I need the remaining 3 accounts removed ASAP or I will be making a formal complaint

1 REPLY 1

Vikki_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi IanC28

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community. 

I'm sorry to hear you were a victim of fraud. 

I will send you a direct message now to take some further details.

Please look out for the envelope in the top right of the page and pop back to me when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide