cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old bt box

kazzie60
Tuning in

Hi, phoned VM about an old bt box and if it was needed as we are renovating our hallway.  I was told it was redundant so disconnected it.  Now I can receive calls on my landline but unable to call out.  This box has been in the hallway since we moved in 38 years ago! Please advise

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thank you Tudor, Must have been a coincidence!

Regards

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi kazzie60, 

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear you cannot receive calls since removing the old BT socket, how is your phone connected, is this Via the old wall socket or the Router?

Regards

Paul.

Thank you for your quick response.  The BT box is a small connection box which goes out to the telephone pole outside the house. I had a lead through that connects to the back of the router

Regards

Karen

Hi Karen,

Thank you, sounds like may have p been connecting your phone Via the socket, have you tried the Phone in the other socket on the Adaptor plugged into the Router?

Regards

Paul.

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

1) Do you have a VM landline phone? Because VM do not use any old BT wiring.

2) If the box was in use and then you removed it this would cause landline calls not not work totally, both incoming and outgoing.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Thank you Tudor, Must have been a coincidence!

Regards

Hi kazzie60,

Thank you for coming back to us, is your landline now working or do you still need further support with this?

Regards

Paul.

Hi Paul, no I can still get incoming calls but can’t dial out. Did you get my message including photo of bt box, think it’s a junction box

regards

IMG_0264.jpeg

Thank you for the picture.

We don't use BT equipment so disconnecting that shouldn't have caused an issue with our connection. 

How is your landline with us connected please? Was this connected via that BT box? Or is this connected via a different wall socket? Or via the broadband hub? 

Please pop back to us when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide