cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VHub 5 Telephony disabled

BenPitts
Joining in

Hi Community,

I have Line rental and an Anytime plan on my Account.  Received a new Hub 5 yesterday, and phone Dongle. Plugged my Landline phone in, but the display says check Telephone line. And there is no dial-tone. Logged into the Hub 5, and it says Telephony disabled.

How do I get this enabled in the Hub ?.

5 REPLIES 5

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You can only use the hubs telephone socket if you are a new user or have been advised that your landline has been converted. At present conversions for existing customers are on hold.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @BenPitts

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm sorry to hear you're having some trouble with your landline service after receiving a Hub 5. Can you confirm if you've tried plugging it into both the wall socket and the back of the router itself?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi Zach_R,

Same 'check Telephone line' displayed and no dialtone from original wall socket. Had notification from VMedia months ago that Line was being converted to 'through' the Router and would require the 'dongle' . So not overly surprised the wall-socket is a no go.

But the Router setup (which you cannot edit) appears to be at odds with this notification from VMedia themselves. So how do I get this changed ?, why is there no 'Chat' for the Telephony issues on Vmedia site ?.

I'm currently paying for what appears to be a disabled service.........

Thanks Tudor - But the reason I'm trying the Router port is I received a notification from VMedia themselves about the switch over months ago.  So how do I get this changed/enabled on the Router ?, 

Hey @BenPitts,

Thanks for confirming, we would like to look into this further with you, for me to do so I will be sending you a private message to confirm some information.

Joe