cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone Service Change - Engineer Visit Require

kandle
Joining in

Had an email about the phone service changing to a fibre connection.  It says if I need to keep the phone where it is (I do and it is away from the router) I need to book an engineer visit, but does not tell you how to do this?  The VM web site says follow the instructions sent to book an engineer - so basically stuck in a loop!  The email doesn't tell me how to do this, nor does the website.

Can somebody here please tell me how to do this (hopefully not having to go the through the pain calling 150).

Many thanks

7 REPLIES 7

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi kandle,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

Sorry to hear you've been unable to arrange moving the equipment, so I can help I've popped you over a private message.

Alex_Rm

I have exactly the same issue as kandle... could Alex_Rm or someone else send me a private message please, so that we can arrange an engineer visit?

I have two phone lines, both of which cannot be next to where the router is located!

I also have a separate problem, which is a number of cordless extensions (for both phone lines) around the house.

A solution that only allows us to have one handset which works for each line (once even this is set up) would not be very satisfactory.

Please advise! And thank you so much.

Hi @DESR thanks for your post here in the Community, although we're sorry to hear of the concerns you've raised here.

Please allow me to send you a PM so I can look into things further for you on this.

Kindly expect the PM from me to arrive shortly, and respond directly when you can!
Many thanks

Tom_W

DESR
Joining in

Engineer booked for the following day and he managed to fix this quickly. For once, very good service! Thank you.

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi DESR, thank you for keeping us and this thread updated about the issues.

We're delighted to see our engineer has come around quickly and set you up, also to hear your landline and all the services work well again.

Please, feel free to pop back here with a new post should you face any issues in the future and we'll do our best to help. 🙂

Best regards,

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

kandle
Joining in

Good to hear DESR was dealt with promptly - I have not heard anything via PM beyond initial contact asking for some details about my account etc.  Anybody in the Forum Team care to assist?

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey kandle,

I will send over a new private message in a moment, to get this looked into further. Please look out for my message and we can get started.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L