cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flashing ‘red phone symbol’

bigbob1
Joining in

Hi there

There was an issue with the service in my postcode area yesterday but today it’s reporting that that all is o/k. However my modem is flashing ‘red phone’ and I have no dialling tone. 
Important that my landline is working as expecting some important calls.

Many thanks 

14 REPLIES 14

Joseph_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @bigbob1,

Welcome back to the Community Forums and thanks for the post.

Sorry to hear you are still experiencing issues, looking into our systems I can see that the outage is still affecting you, its current estimated fix time is for the 2nd November at 11:40am, if you can please give us till then to go about resolving your issues and if you are still experiencing this problem after this, let us know.

Joe

Hi Joe

Thanks for your prompt reply to my message. Just to say though that as of Thursday evening I am still without the use of my landline. Hopefully this will be resolved tomorrow. Please confirm. Many thanks.

Hi bigbob1,

I've had a look and can see the latest fix date/ time has been update to 03 NOV 2023 15:55.

Alex_Rm

Hi Alex

My landline is still out of order - what’s the latest on a fix time? Wait to hear from you.

Many thanks 

Hi bigbob1, 

Thanks for popping back to us in the Community. We're sorry to hear you're still having an issue with your services. 

Taking a look at things here, the details of the fault are here: 

• ➡ Fault reference number: F011033083
  • ➡ Estimated fix time: 07 NOV 2023 11:40
  • ➡ Description: Status report  ||  You might find that your Virgin Fibre, Voice and Virgin TV services are intermittent, with the picture freezing or disappearing now and then. We are sorry and our engineers are working hard to resolve this for you.

There is a note of this on your account so the relevant teams are aware you are affected and this will ensure the account is assessed automatically for automatic compensation once the fault is closed as resolved. You can view more information on this, as well as the eligibility criteria here 👉 Automatic Compensation

If there is anything else we can do, let us know. 😊

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Kath

Thanks for your detailed response. Sadly the fix time you stated of 11.40 on November 7 has not been met by your people and I am still without the use of my landline which is now more than inconvenient. It’s been a week now that I’ve been without the use of my telephone. Please update me on the latest situation.

Many thanks

Hi Bigbob1 👋 Thank you for getting back to us!

So sorry to hear that the outage is still ongoing for you. Having checked in with the outage information it sadly has been extended and is currently estimated to be fixed tomorrow (09.11.23) by 6pm. 

Thank you for your patience whilst we get this sorted! Please do continue to keep us posted so we can offer help as and when needed. 

All the best. 🌞

Molly

Hi Molly

The latest fix date of 6pm yesterday November 9 has passed without my landline being fixed. Now entering the second week without the use of my telephone. What are they now saying about when this is going to be up and running. My annoyance isn’t directed at you or your colleagues personally but at your technical people.

Hi @bigbob1,

I've checked over the fault ticket and it appears that it has now been closed as resolved.

Are you still experiencing the same issue that you mentioned in your initial post in this thread, or has it changed at all?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!