cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FW500 firmware update stuck

harrison123
Joining in

We just recently had the FW500 installed and I tried to do a firmware update, it seemed to download ok, then said loading and since been stuck with message loading showing on the display for the last 2 days. Has anyone else had the same problem is there a known fix

14 REPLIES 14

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @harrison123 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear of the loading message - is the phone working ok or has this stopped working due to the upgrade?

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi John

Thanks for getting back to me. It all seems to be working ok just when it's in standby waiting for a call or me to make a call out the screen just says loading.

1699620078689258771538065505051.jpg

Hi @harrison123 

Thanks for coming back to me. Have you got another device you can test it on? Just to rule out the device being the issue.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

We've only got the one phone

No worries, can you unplug it for me and re-plug in? 

Our old device at an old house I used to live in had a similar message, when replaced phone it went, that's just what I'm thinking there. Could be something and nothing really if the services aren't affected.

Keep me posted how the unplug / re-plug in goes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Hi John,

I just unplugged it from the power, not a lot happened as it has power backup, I also tried unplugging it from the wall and it went into line fault mode, but nothing else changed, I plugged it back into the phone socket and the power socket and it still says the same

Hi @harrison123 

Sorry for the delayed reply. 

I've checked this here and looks a device firmwire upgrade rather than anything our side. 

If you can contact the manufacturer, they should be able to advise further but please do let us know if becomes service affecting.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Thanks John

It's actually virgins phone they installed it and it belongs to them so I'll just leave it, it seems to be working fine.

Thanks for your help

We don't manufacture phones harrison123. From the picture you have posted, it indicates the manufacture is Motorola. 

^Martin