cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DTMF Tones not working on DECT phone over VOIP

MrPaulJ
Tuning in

Hi.

I have had a new Virgin Router with 2 Voip connections installed for some months. Phone calls out and in work fine, but I recently noticed I am unable tp respond to menu options using the phones keypad.

Is there anything I need to change on my Panasonic Dect phones which are over 10 years old or are new phones required?

Thanks in advance..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Client62
Legend

The DTMF ( touch tone ) signals are just pairs of audio tones played over the call.

Try calling to your mobile from the phone connected to the Hub, once connected press a few numbers and see if the tones are heard at the mobile.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

23 REPLIES 23

goslow
Alessandro Volta

What is the exact model of your Panasonic phones? If they are around 10 years old they should work OK. Have you checked through the menu options on the phone to confirm tone dialling is set?

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi MrPaulJ, thank you for posting on our help forums and welcome to the VM community.

Sorry to see you're not able to select menu options using your handset keypad, we'd love to best advise on this.
Please, visit our link here regarding landline features and you'll find more on this matter at the last paragraph there.

In case you can test an alternative handset to see if the same problem exists this would be helpful, however we appreciate that this may not be an option.
Can you tell as what model of Panasonic devices you currently have so we can advise more?

Cheers,

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

MrPaulJ
Tuning in

Hi.

Thanks for the response. I have checked keytones in the menu are on, retried a call but whilst I can hear the tones it didn't work.

The model number of the phone is KX-TGA820E

Thanks,

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for this, from what we've checked this model should be compatible with Voip if new - however there are older models with this code which may not be fully compatible if older than 10 years.

Can you please confirm if you're using our adaptor at the back of the hub to connect the handset currently, or is it directly plugged on to the phone port on your hub?
Also, would testing an alternative newer handset perhaps be an option, so we can check this and understand more?

Cheers,

Adri
Forum Team

MrPaulJ
Tuning in

Hi.

It is plugged into the adapter. I tried a BT Decor, old landline phone that I had lying around, but that had the same issue. I have run out of alternatives now.. 

Thnaks for the help so far

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for confirming this for us, MrPaulJ. 🙂

I'm sorry to see the issue persists regardless the device used, can you please try this again by connecting the line directly on the hub without the adaptor, if possible?

Also, it might be a good idea to reach out to Panasonic for more advice on compatibility of your handset - that's up to you of course.
Let us know how this goes.

Adri
Forum Team

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Do you have problems with menu selection when you are calling one particular number/company or are the menu selection problems present for all numbers that you call?

Hi.

Hi.

I can't connect th phone directly to the Hub 5 as the connection is a DSL type phone connection.. 

Thanks

Hey MrPaulj, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear this.

Not all phone all compatible with the digital line unfortunately, if your phone doesn't go in this may be the case.

If you do get a new handset everything should work without an issue, if not please do let know. Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?