cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DTMF Tones not working on DECT phone over VOIP

MrPaulJ
Tuning in

Hi.

I have had a new Virgin Router with 2 Voip connections installed for some months. Phone calls out and in work fine, but I recently noticed I am unable tp respond to menu options using the phones keypad.

Is there anything I need to change on my Panasonic Dect phones which are over 10 years old or are new phones required?

Thanks in advance..

24 REPLIES 24

Hi all.

Many thnks for all your help but a reboot of the Hub 5 sorted it, why didn't I do that first...  You have all helped by getting me by eliminating issues and it was only when I could hear but not be heard and checked bact to see I had a successful call on June 19th that I decided to reboot the hub..

So many thanks to all to answered, I  will know in future what to check first.

Kind Regards,

Paul

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Suggest you keep monitoring the line and keep a note of dates/times/phone used and numbers being called/received if/when it happens again. There have been a whole bunch of topics about this in the past and they regularly describe the problem as being an intermittent one.

Hi.

Will do. I will ring VM on a regular basis and see if the menu system responds, Again, many thanks to all who  responded, it helped me resolve the situation.

Kind Regards,

Paul.

Hi @MrPaulJ thanks for getting back to us.

And thanks for confirming your issue is resolved. Remember, if you ever need assistance in the future, our fantastic community and forum team are always willing to lend a hand. Please bear in mind, you can manage your account from here. Your online account, will give you access to your bills, show your package details, diagnose any possible faults and monitor any orders and appointments you may have. 
Regards
Lee_R

This is a diagnostic step - why is it flagged as an accepted solution? The solution lower down this thread is to reboot the hub, although sadly that doesn't work for me.