cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call Usage Charges

bluemoontg
Tuning in

I am on a Call Anytime tarrif and noticed that on a couple of bills I have been given Call Usage Charges. The website says you get these for payfor view extras or interactive gaming. I have not used either of those. There is no detail on the bill of who the calls were to - only that there were 7 calls. I have tried to contact customer services - but I could spend my day hanging on the phone or Whatsapp. Can anyone tell me what the call charges could be for?

6 REPLIES 6

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @bluemoontg 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

Can I ask if you have been able to view the bill breakdown by downloading the PDF bill from My Virgin Media? If so you should be able to view the charge breakdown where this is explained? 

Yes I downloaded the pdf. All it shows is that 7 calls were made lasting 6mins 59seconds at a cost of 2.14 (exc VAT). But it doesn't show the numbers the calls were made to. I have an anytime package so I want to know which calls I am getting a charge for

Could any of your regular calls have slightly gone over 60 minutes in length? You get charged for the minutes after one hour.

That is one of the more common reasons on here for unexplained call usage charges.

Thank you @bluemoontg any calls that are under 50p will not have the number listed.

I'm so sorry for the inconvenience. As stated by goslow calls that exceed 60 minutes are charged so may explain the call charges. 

So if a call lasts more than 60 minutes there is a charge. But if the charge is less than 50p the number is not listed?

Have I got that right?

Hello bluemoontg.

That is spot on.

Any calls under 50p get grouped together as a lump sum on the bill.

Gareth_L