cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PHANTOM calls charges.

Aimeejjj
Tuning in

I am getting really annoyed at getting charged for calls when I have no home phone and there is no dial time and has not been for 5 years. I only keep the landline because it’s cheaper. It is NEVER used yet I am getting billed every month for calls to 0123 000 0000.

Can someone at Virgin media help me please as phone lines do not get what I am trying to say and I am getting annoyed with it now. 

6 REPLIES 6

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Aimeejjj,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

We're sorry to hear there are some confusing charges on your bill. So I can take a closer look at this, I've popped you over a private message.

Alex_Rm

Shinymatt
On our wavelength

Yep, same here, same issue every month, spend ages on chats & calls then promised credits when it is agreed it is a "glitch", then the same next month & no credits, i am not happy at all - 20 years a customer....

Alex above has been really helpful, he got an engineer out who said it could be to do with the switch from usual phone socket to using the modem as the phone line and did some stuff, just to wait to see if it stops.

I did put a complaint in, however, and Virgin media refused to refund. They said I have made the calls as they are on my bill! Just think how mulch they are scamming if they do this to so many people every month. If it happens again I will be leaving.

Hi @Aimeejjj, thank you for your post. 

We're sorry to hear you feel this way and that you're considering leaving us 😔

Given what you've been advised regarding your complaint, have you been told what will happen next?

If we’re unable to reach a resolution that you’re happy with, we’ll send you a letter or e-mail confirming that you can refer your complaint, free of charge, for independent consideration through Alternative Dispute Resolution.

More information on this can be found in this article here. Please refer to the section entitled "Independent Adjudication".

Regards,
Daniel

Thank you Daniel. It just said that they do not agree and if I want to phone the technical team to look at issues with my phone line  I can.

Hi @Aimeejjj, no problem at all. Thank you for your response.

In order to look into this for you further, we'll send you a private message on here. Look out for the envelope in the top right-hand corner.

If you're on a portable device with a smaller screen, click on the icon in the top right-hand corner and select "messages" from the additional menu options.

Regards,
Daniel