cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin so wifi won’t allow to play specific games, also very poor connection on many games

paulaash123
Just joined
Cable Modem StatusItem Status Comments
Acquired Downstream Channel(Hz)331000000Locked
Ranged Upstream Channel(Hz)60300000Ranged
Provisioning StateOnlineOperational

7 REPLIES 7

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You need to post all the stats and network log to make any sense.

Also wifi is only guaranteed at 20Mb by VM.   Any gaming should be using a Cat 6 ethernet cable if possible.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey paulaash123,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your connection at the moment, I have looked into your connection on our system and cannot find any issues with your connection or in the local area. How has your connection been running since your last post?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Client62
Legend

VM Web Safe settings for Hubs in Router mode

Login to the Virgin Media online account at : https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media

Then visit : Account Settings >>> Online Security

Set Virus Safe to OFF ( this has been known to block some games ) 
Set Child Safe to OFF ( this is the option blocks a range of content )

Hi there, 

I went to look for this setting but i am in ireland and it is not available under virginmedia.ie also checked all router settings but could not find this. I tried turning off the routers firewall and the game still would not connect. It sounds like if i could find that "virus safe" setting to turn it off might help. Any ideas?

Hi @Bdonnery 

Welcome to the community forums 

Sorry to hear of your concerns, I can see you mention you're in Ireland. I haven't been able to locate you on our systems. 

Just to confirm, do you have a Virgin Media Ireland service account or a Virgin Media UK service account?

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Hi @Carley_S

I would assume it's the Irish one? Account is on www.virginmedia.ie 

Thanks,

Ah okay, thank you for confirming this @Bdonnery 

We unfortunately aren't able to support Virgin Media Ireland customers. You still might be able to gain some support through the community. 

If you did need to contact Virgin Media Ireland you can do so via twitter with @VirginMediaIE or through their contact us page here

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley