cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disconnecting ex resident connection

Martin701
Joining in

Moved into a home which previously had a virgin media connection,  have got all my quick start equipment set up, but virgin media will not activate my account as previous owners account is still active for another month, even though they no longer live at the property.  How do I get virgin media to sort this our as had several calls to CS and keep telling me I have to wait for a month until previous owners account expires. 

3 REPLIES 3

goslow
Alessandro Volta

VM has to initiate a 'gone away' process with the previous resident to close down their account.

If you have a failed Quick Start activation this is counted as a fault and you would be due £9.76 per calendar day after two working days have passed from when you tried to activate and if VM does not resolve. It starts from when you phoned in to tell VM of the failed activation. See

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/billing-and-payments/automatic-compensation

and specifically point 6 below

https://www.virginmedia.com/legal/fibre-optic-services-terms-conditions/automatic-compensation

Keep very detailed records in a timeline as you go along (with accompanying evidence) as VM will invariably try to dodge paying you anything.

One of the VM forum team should reply here usually within a few days to help you.

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Martin701,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm sorry to hear that you're having some trouble activating your services. Please respond to the private message that I'll be sending to you shortly and we can investigate further from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi Zach,

Funnily enough, and after spending 2 hours on the phone to sort out last Friday, yo be told there is nothing that can be done, .Everything has activated this morning. 

Martin Lister