cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant Packet loss

ehmz_
Tuning in

I have very low ping on games and did a speed test to double check that there was not an issue with the download speeds or ping. I have tried rebooting my router many times and playing games is now impossible as there is not a single period of time where I am not getting packet loss. Anyone have any idea with what is going on and if any one is having the same issues as me 

8 REPLIES 8

Joseph_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @ehmz_,

Welcome to the Community Forums and thanks for the post. 

Sorry to hear you have been experiencing this issue, looking at our system I can see you would benefit from having a technicians appointment, for me to book this through I will need to confirm some information from you in a private message, if you have not used this feature before you can access it via the envelope at the top of your screen.

Joe

Client62
Legend

Share the test results that show the packet loss.

E.g. from ...

https://www.samknows.com/realspeed/
Once the test begins click on: Run full test to see Packet loss / Jitter / Latency / Upstream speed.

https://speed.cloudflare.com/

Yeah well I ran that test and it said I have 0% packet loss but when i play any game i get up to 40-80% packet loss, useless test 

Hi ehmz_, 

Thanks for coming back to us in the Community. 

We're sorry that you declined my colleagues offer of an engineer. There isn't much else we can do at this point. 

An engineer would not only check the connection internally with the equipment but they'd also be the ones to check the cabinet and external cabling in case something more is at play. 

If you change your mind, pop back to us here and we can then help further to get the visit booked. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

No thank you I am switching internet providers now 

Having had enough and dumping VM, is, of course the ‘nuclear option’ for solving connectivity issues.

Thanks for the update @ehmz_ 

I am sorry that you have had a poor experience with our services. This is very disappointing to hear, and I can assure you that this is not the level of service that we want to provide.  And I'm sorry your experience has led to you leaving our company. I certainly wish you the very best of luck for the future.  If you do require any assistance from our team, please do reach out.

Regards

Lee_R

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Sorry to hear that ehmz_, have you spoken to the team to give your 30 days notice? As a gamer myself, I understand the frustration and from checking the connection a visit would help potentially resolve this issue for you. 

We're happy to arrange this to get the power levels looked into, just let us know.

Rob