cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signing in to email accounts

SandraDJ
On our wavelength

I have several different email addresses for different purposes.  For the past three days I have been unable to log and and then open a second.

This appears in the email address box:  showIdentifierInputLink

I delete it and enter the new email address, but can't log in.  I've tried using a different browser and get the same.  I used a desktop in the library yesterday and got exactly the same.

The only was that I have been able to get around this is to restart the laptop, which is extremely annoying.+

It's obviously a problem with virgin, and not at my end.

4 REPLIES 4

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@SandraDJ wrote:

"showIdentifierInputLink"

As you have probably guessed, what you are seeing there is part of the underlying HTML source code for this sign in page of the Virgin Media website rather than the actual email address itself:

email sign in screen.png

Assuming that you can access the required email account after restarting your laptop there are a couple of things to try to see if you can access the email account without doing a restart:

1. Try accessing the sign in page from this link rather than the one you normally use https://mail2.virginmedia.com/ 
  2. Try opening the sign in page from a "Private tab" or in "Incognito mode" depending on which browser you use. See this link for more information on how to do that https://nordvpn.com/blog/how-to-go-incognito 

If private / incognito mode works that suggests the problem may be a corrupt virgin Media cookie stored in your browser so try deleting the VM cookies from you browser to see if that enables to you to sign in from a normal tab.

I think you are the only, (or perhaps just the first 🙂) to report this specific issue. However if you do need to speak a VM support staff you can give them the details about the HTML source code. See  this screen print, apologies the print is a bit small:

showIdentifierInputLink.png

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Sandra 👋 

Welcome back to the community! Thank you for posting. 

Sorry to hear about these issues with your email access. Hopefully you have been able to follow the advice of other community members - how did you get on with this?

It would also be good to know if you have set up an individual My VM account in order to log into each email? (This is necessary, due to 'password generator' settings if using the email addresses via a 3rd party clientmail app - such as Outlook or Applemail. You can see more information about managing secondary email accounts via this help page 👉 How to manage my email account | Virgin Media Help

You would do this by registering each email address for My VM 👉 Register My Virgin Media Account | Virgin Media

Let us know how you get on with this and we can offer further support if needed!

Thank you for your patience in the meantime - we do appreciate email issues can be frustrating. 

Wishing you all the best 🌞

Molly

SandraDJ
On our wavelength

I have only just been notified about the replies, so have only just seen the advice that was left a week ago.  The issue seemed to right itself after a few days.  I had to log into the email at the library through a different route, as I don't save the link there, and still had the same issue.  Having to keep restarting the laptop was very frustrating.

Hey @SandraDJ,

Thanks for getting back to us, glad that this issue was able to resolve itself, if you do have any future queries or problems, please do let us know.

Joe