cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Ntlworld emails closing

mlhifi
On our wavelength

I have 2 “@ntlworld.com” email addresses. One stopped working, I tried everything.  NO. GO.

I called VM and they told me that those addresses will not be working for much longer. 
 It was easier for me to change those addresses to my other ntlworld address for now, but I will have a mammoth task when they all disappear. 
Michael. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Officially, the ntl emails will continue as long as they are linked to a current Virginmedia broadband account. There has been no announcement otherwise. 

But for a number of reasons it does appear the VM are losing interest in the email service and it may stop altogether or be handed off somewhere. 

The best thing you can do now is to set up email accounts with a different supplier and set up an auto forward to them from the ntl addresses, so that you have started the process of moving across. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @mlhifi 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry to hear that you are facing these issues with your email addresses, to clarify, any emails that are no longer attached to a current and active broadband account with us would be removed after 90 days, though this can take longer. 

We would recommend moving any important emails from these accounts across to another address. 

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Officially, the ntl emails will continue as long as they are linked to a current Virginmedia broadband account. There has been no announcement otherwise. 

But for a number of reasons it does appear the VM are losing interest in the email service and it may stop altogether or be handed off somewhere. 

The best thing you can do now is to set up email accounts with a different supplier and set up an auto forward to them from the ntl addresses, so that you have started the process of moving across. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

mlhifi
On our wavelength

In that case I'm at a loss to understand why one of the 2 ntlworld emails failed.  I'm using the 2nd without issue.

When I contacted VM on the phone, we spent 20 minutes running through it, but they couldn't understand it either.

I have now changed my MAIN e-mail address to my iCloud account so I'm hoping that continues for a while  😉

Many thanks to you all.

Michael

I am sorry to hear this has happened but to confirm everything is working as it Should be now?

If there is any issues in the future please do let us know. Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?