cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do i set up gmail app in android to receive blueyonder emails

Graham7465
Tuning in

Hi

I'm trying to set up gmail to receive my blueyonder emails but can't. I have reviewed various community posts on the subject and tried what they suggest. 

I logged into my virgin media and went to mailbox app password management and generated a new third party email password. I have tried setting up my blueyonder email app as imap and pop3 with my existing password and the newly generated password and nothing has worked. I can still access blueyonder through outlook on my desktop. 

Also when i logged into my virgin media to generate the new password it said to change my login email address so i now log into my virgin media using my gmail email address. I have tried using this email address when setting up blueyonder on gmail app but that doesn't work either.

Any help would be appreciated

5 REPLIES 5

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Graham7465 Thanks for reaching out to us. 👋🏼

I am assuming that you trying to sign in to the Gmail email app with your Virgin Media email / blueyonder email.
Please review the passwords that you are using for assistance:

1) Which email is being used to log into his vm account?

2) What is the password used to access his virgin email when accessing direct via webmail?

3) What is the password used to access the virgin email for apps?

The answer to the 3rd question is the password you need to use to sign in. Please don't post any personal information on here.
Let us know how it goes.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks for the reply. I am trying to access my blueyonder emails in the G mail app.

I can get my virgin media emails in the gmail app no problem.

When i logged in to my virgin media on the web to get a password to log into email using third party apps it asked me to change my login email. So now to log in to blueyonder email online i have to enter my gmail email address and standard blueyonder password.

I am not sure when setting up the gmail app if i need to enter the blueyonder address or the Gmail address, it is the blueyonder emails that i want access to buy my login has now changed.

I have tried using the password generated by virgin media for this party apps and it doesn't work.

Can you help further

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Graham7465 When using the Gmail app you need to use the full blueyonder email address as the username not the third party log in username together with the generated app password for the blueyonder email address.

The third party email username is only needed to access VM webmail and the My Virgin Media account.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for the reply. I have tried again using the blueyonder address and the third party generated log in and when I attempt to add the blueyonder account i get a warning message saying "Email security not guaranteed". When I go into the help section is says if the security issue is not severe then select "none" for security rather than SSL/TLS or STARTTLS. I have tried this but then I get the error message "Couldn't open connection to server".

I get the same regardless of whether I use my Pixel 7 phone or my Galaxy Tab S9

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Google make it complicated to use what they consider to be less secure email accounts with the Gmail app.

See if this article helps: https://www.androidpolice.com/how-to-allow-less-secure-apps-in-gmail/

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks