cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has my VM email been deleted now?

RockerSBM
Fibre optic

Hi Virgin Media

I can't get on my email from VM has it been deleted now? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

If the email account is attached to a current Virginmedia broadband account, or one that was closed less than 90 days ago, it should not have been deleted. 

How are you trying to get your email, and what messages do you get? 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

If the email account is attached to a current Virginmedia broadband account, or one that was closed less than 90 days ago, it should not have been deleted. 

How are you trying to get your email, and what messages do you get? 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Hi

My account was closed last Oct but first of may I can't get on it saying wrong password 

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

That's well over 90 days, so it looks like VM has closed it. 

- jpeg1

Hi 

can virgin find out if they have?

goslow
Alessandro Volta

You can try testing here

https://verifalia.com/validate-email

When I deleted my old NTL emails, some time ago, they remain in an 'account locked' condition for a long time.

When I used the above in the past, if the account still exists, the above should give you a 'Deliverable' report presented in green text. If the account has gone, you should get an 'Undeliverable' response in red text and a 'MailboxDoesNotExist' type of response.

This was all some time ago though and VM may be totally deleting much quicker now. As to whether you can regain access, that seems to be totally at VM's discretion and random operational processes. If you left VM last October though, don't set your hopes and expectations too high.

Hi 

just says wrong password

Hi RockerSBM,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, we are sorry to hear your email has only just stopped working after leaving us in October, although we advise the email may be lost after 90 days it can take a little longer, the only support we can offer is deletion of emails once you have left and the 90 days has expired, apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Regards

Paul.