cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

price hike on new contract

virenpatel
Just joined

Greetings, just had similar problem with price up from £34 to £41 per month for broadband only. Price of loyalty I guess. Vodafone, BT charging £25. Talked to customer service and informed 3.9% inflation charges. The new renewal contract expires March 2024. Cancellation will cost £300+. Remember when Sir Richard(fan and a follower) had financial issues a few years ago, we stayed loyal to Virgin group.

Interesting, was offered £3.50 discount on answer message on saying thinking of leaving. Please help resolve from a loyal customer. Lesson learned, loyalty and sentimentality has no value. Should have departed after last contract had expired. Unhappy customer 😟

4 REPLIES 4

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Did you hold on after the recorded £3.50 offer?  You would probably have got a better offer from a live operator.

Don't even think of being a loyal customer. There is no such thing to Virginmedia - you are just a direct debit that they can extract money from every month. 

And Richard Branson has nothing to do with this US owned company, except for renting out the use of his Virgin brand. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

In purely commercial terms, "loyalty" could be translated as "will stay regardless of price".

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @virenpatel 

Thanks for posting on our community forum and sorry to hear about the issue with your contract.

If you give our team a call on 150 or 0345 454 1111 they'll be more than happy to check on this for you and look at negotiating a better deal for you. Unfortunately we do not handle general package changes via here and our team would love to look at getting this sorted for you.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Alby41
Up to speed
  • Plenty of ISPs out there now matey as Openreach extend their fibre network others Community/ City also making some serious financial competition for VM ... new kids on the block ZEN, EE/BT combo also offering deals and good customer services ... do a bit of research on ' Trustpilot ' see what other folk just like you have to say .... goodluck...😉