cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

YEP BEING PUNISHED FOR BEING A LOYAL CUSTOMER

Kal777
Just joined

TRYING TO UPGRADE MY BROADBAND WITH VIRGIN, TURNS OUT A NEW CUSTOMER GETS IT FOR £52 A MONTH AND THEY ARE TRYIONG TO CHARGE ME £78 FOR THE SAME SERVICE

PROBLEM FOR THEM NOW IS I CAN GET THE SAME DEAL FROM BT FOR £34.99 A MONTH AND GET 3 MONTHS FREE, SO IF ANYONE ELSE IS IN THIS POSTION THEN THATS YOUR ANSWER, I HAVE BEEN WAITING ON THE VIRGIN CHAT FOR 20 MIN TO CANCEL MY CONTRACT

HERE YOU WILL FIND THE BT DEALS - https://www.bt.com/products/broadband/affiliate-offers/?s_cid=con_bt_dg-home_ess_ppc-brand_vidZ60&ve...

7 REPLIES 7

Cardiffman282
Knows their stuff

They would probably consider giving it to you for £52 a month with three months free of charge on condition that you disabled CAPS LOCK. 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Kal777 wrote:

TRYING TO UPGRADE MY BROADBAND WITH VIRGIN, TURNS OUT A NEW CUSTOMER GETS IT FOR £52 A MONTH AND THEY ARE TRYIONG TO CHARGE ME £78 FOR THE SAME SERVICE

PROBLEM FOR THEM NOW IS I CAN GET THE SAME DEAL FROM BT FOR £34.99 A MONTH AND GET 3 MONTHS FREE, SO IF ANYONE ELSE IS IN THIS POSTION THEN THATS YOUR ANSWER, I HAVE BEEN WAITING ON THE VIRGIN CHAT FOR 20 MIN TO CANCEL MY CONTRACT

HERE YOU WILL FIND THE BT DEALS - https://www.bt.com/products/broadband/affiliate-offers/?s_cid=con_bt_dg-home_ess_ppc-brand_vidZ60&ve...

New customer deals are sold at a loss to Virgin, so giving them to existing customers (with the odd exception) is not going to happen.

Take a look at Virgin’s last set of results & you will see they are far from profitable. For that reason they are very unlikely to start a price war with any of their competitors.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sounds like you have made up your mind, so move on to BT.  VM are not alone in giving only new customers a good deal.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Yes. If you can get a better deal somewher else, go for it.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

carl_pearce
Community elder

Only 20 minutes?

You'll be in for a shock...

Beau99
Tuning in

No loyalty, just want more money. Customer service no longer exists with virgin anymore. They broke our contract I want to cancel NOW! They don’t deserve loyal customers I’ve had enough!

😀