Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 56 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub 5 not connecting to ifit

Hi wondering if someone can help please. I have just changed over to the Hub 5 1GB. It wont connect to ifit no matter what I do - didnt have connectivity issues with the old router. Any ideas how to resolve please? Thanks  

Finkin by Joining in
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Orange Light on Hub

Had Virgin reinstalled after we left for a couple of years due to intermittent internet access, at best, when we were with them a while back. Our new internet was working in the first couple of days and we were getting a decent download rate, above t...

Shaw15 by Joining in
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Email account won’t update over wifi

I’m having a random issue again whereby one of my email accounts on my iPhone will not update over WiFi. Works fine on 5g, also works fine if I connect to a Virgin hotspot nearby. So it must be something with my hub5 that’s doing it. Anyone got any i...

Wi-Fi boosters

I spoke to VM tech on Friday of last week and they say they were sending me a Wi-Fi booster for free as I am 1gb and have black spots. They said it will be 72 hours before I would receive it. I’ve not even had a confirmation email so I don’t even kno...

DataDave by Tuning in
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

More bb issues - Hampton

for two days now the service is slow. Films crap out and the service comes and goes. Can’t even register the loss of service online anymore!!!! just get a general “looks like there are issues in your postcode affecting your services”  no reference nu...

IP address blacklisted

my IP Address is blacklisted on spamhaus ZEN how do I get off this, I have spent 5 hours on the phone to support who cannot help me, have spoken to everyone in all deparments it seems including the gadget team who tried to sell me a service even thou...

zx10old by Settling in
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Red Light on Router

Hi. l’ve read numerous posts and replies on this subject but am still experiencing a solid red light on my router. All items are working and router is not hot. Was an orange (correct) colour when initially installed but been solid red for sometime no...