Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 56 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Resolved! Wifi

I have a Virgin hub 3 and i am having issues connecting to the Internet and have no home phone connection. The base light is green and WiFi green with green arrows flashing underneath and it is saying connected without Internet. An engineer visited a...

Vayre01 by Joining in
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Terrible internet connection

In the Edinburgh EH8 area my internet has been either non-existent or so slow as to be unusable for several days. When I'm able to do an online check it tells me there are issues in my area but engineers are working on it. When my internet is down co...

Resolved! NTP Mode 6 Vulnerability

I've had some letters after setting up some new Deco TP-link wifi boosters (the VM engineer recommended them)The letter says to sort it out go to the website and the instructions make no sense to me because I'm not a network techy person;NTP Mode 6 V...

bowie_p by Joining in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Order WiFi pods

Hi, I need to order WiFi pods also. Have various areas of the house with a poor signal, have done the scans in the app that confirms this, but then no option to order pods anywhere?

Address needed.

I need an address to send back the 3 wifi pods I have that no longer work. A pre paid postage label would be great.

webbc by On our wavelength
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Outside cable replacement

The cable that runs around my house has become frayed, how do I get it replaced before it fails, I can get anywhere on the website to book an appointment just keep going around in circlesthanks

looby76 by On our wavelength
  • 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Can’t get Microsoft outlook email with virgin wi-fi

I can’t get my Microsoft outlook email using my virgin wi-fi.I can get other email providers emails. If I turn off the wi-fi I get outlook emails via 4G & 5G.I have rebooted the router and still no outlook emails just a error code saying “there is a ...

Mark259 by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos